Mass Law Blog

File Under: Strange Communications I Have Received

Email Received December 28, 2009:

Good day

May I use the spirit of this season to introduce myself to you and at the same time introduce my intentions to you? I am Mr. Robert Duke one of the portfolio funds managers of The Scottish Investment Trust Plc. The largest and oldest Independent self managed funds Management Company in the United Kingdom with over £450 billion Capital Investment Funds. Nevertheless, as a Scottish Investment Funds Manager, I handle all our Investor’s Direct Capital Funds and extracted 1.3% Excess Maximum Return Capital Profit (EMRCP) per annum on each of the Investor’s Magellan Capital Funds. As an expert, I have made over £45.500,000.00 million from the Investor’s EMRCP and hereby looking for someone to trust who will stand as an Investor to receive the funds as Annual Investment Proceeds from Scottish Magellan Capital Funds.

All confirmable documents to back up the claims will be made available to you accordingly. Meanwhile, I have worked out the strategies and technicalities whereby the funds can be claimed in any of our Clearing Houses without any hitches. Furthermore, 40% of the total funds will be for you as the foreign partner, 10% will go to charity organization, while 50% will be mine as the initiator of the deal. If you are interested, Please email me for discussion of this transaction in detail.

Yours sincerely

File Under: Strange Communications I Have Received (Are There Really Lawyers Stupid Enough to Fall for This?)

I’ve been getting emails like the one below for months.  Maybe if I get one from a prospective client in Nigeria I’ll head over for a visit …..

Dear Desired Lawyer/Lawfirm,

Greetings to you from Nippon Steel Corporation

With all due respect, please kindly confirm the receipt of this mail  if you are in a position to represent on our company in matters of  delinquent accounts.

We contact you to represent our company after a careful review of your profile. We are of the opinion that you represent us in the United States of America  in order for us to recover monies due to our  organization by our American clients.

In order to achieve these objectives a good and reputable lawyer or law firm will be required to handle this service. Please advice once  you take in this issue.

P.S. If you are not in the position to represent us we would be very glad if you could refer us to any law firm in North America or Canada  that could.

Once more thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to read this mail.

Your truly,
Akio Mimura
Director and Chairman
Nippon Steel Corporation
6-3, Otemachi 2-chome, Chiyoda-ku,
Tokyo 100-8071, Japan.