If my partner Andy Updegrove (he’s the one on the right) is not the most knowledgeable lawyer on the planet about ODF/OOXML standard adoption issues (1,2,3), I would be more than a little surprised. Here is a Q & A with Andy that Redmond Developer News has published, where he discusses the ongoing appeals process related to these standards. A link to the article on scribd.com is below, and here is a link to the article online. If you know absolutely nothing about this controversy, click here to read several articles Andy has published on the topic.
- The NAR Antitrust Case: The Per Se Rule Misapplied?
- Is It Legal To Use Copyrighted Works to Train Artificial Intelligence Systems?
- OpenAI Board Should Have Consulted ChatGPT Before Firing Sam Altman
- Nonprofit Copying and Publication of Laws “Incorporated By Reference” is Fair Use
- Court Denies Copyright Protection to AI Generated Artwork