If my partner Andy Updegrove (he’s the one on the right) is not the most knowledgeable lawyer on the planet about ODF/OOXML standard adoption issues (1,2,3), I would be more than a little surprised. Here is a Q & A with Andy that Redmond Developer News has published, where he discusses the ongoing appeals process related to these standards. A link to the article on scribd.com is below, and here is a link to the article online. If you know absolutely nothing about this controversy, click here to read several articles Andy has published on the topic.
- Lanier v. Harvard: “Do The Right Thing”
- Supreme Court Will Decide Whether Google’s Algorithm-Based Recommendations are Protected Under Section 230
- Music, Copyright and the Performing Rights Organizations
- What You Need To Know About Goldsmith v. Warhol and Fair Use
- LinkedIn Cannot Use the CFAA To Stop Scraping of Its Public Facing Web Data