If my partner Andy Updegrove (he’s the one on the right) is not the most knowledgeable lawyer on the planet about ODF/OOXML standard adoption issues (1,2,3), I would be more than a little surprised. Here is a Q & A with Andy that Redmond Developer News has published, where he discusses the ongoing appeals process related to these standards. A link to the article on scribd.com is below, and here is a link to the article online. If you know absolutely nothing about this controversy, click here to read several articles Andy has published on the topic.
- Court Denies Copyright Protection to AI Generated Artwork
- Taylor’s Version and the Two Copyrights
- Artificial Intelligence May Result In Human Extinction, But In the Meantime There’s a Lot of Lawyering To Be Done
- The Impact of SAS Institute, Inc. v. World Programming Ltd. on Non-Literal Software Copyright Infringement
- Generative AI Images Struggle for Copyright Protection