While I shy away from posting PowerPoint outlines on this blog, the materials from two talks that my partner Sean Gilligan recently gave to attorneys in our firm are sufficiently comprehensive as to be an exception. Both outlines are on scribd.com, and are embedded below:
- Is It Legal To Use Copyrighted Works to Train Artificial Intelligence Systems?
- OpenAI Board Should Have Consulted ChatGPT Before Firing Sam Altman
- Nonprofit Copying and Publication of Laws “Incorporated By Reference” is Fair Use
- Court Denies Copyright Protection to AI Generated Artwork
- Taylor’s Version and the Two Copyrights